Polish-style herring for sandwiches: marinated in sour cream
Herring can be marinated not only with oil and vinegar, but also with sour cream. The fish is very soft and tender. It is very convenient to marinate it in a jar, put it in the fridge, and then take it out for sandwiches.
- lightly salted herring fillet - 200 g
- onion - 100 g
- sour cream 15% - 150 g
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- vinegar - 1/2 tbsp (to taste)
- mustard - 1 tsp.
- sugar - 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper - to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Cut the herring fillet into slices.
2. Cut the onion into rings or half rings.
3. For the marinade, add sugar to the sour cream.
4. Add the mustard.
5. Pour in lemon juice and vinegar.
6. Add the spices.
7. Mix everything.
8. Put all the ingredients in layers: marinade, herring, onions.
9. Put in the refrigerator for an hour (if the sour cream is fresh, the dish can be stored for 2-3 days).
You can also find more recipes on OBOZ.UA: