Gratin with potatoes and chicken: tastier than a regular casserole
Meat and potatoes are the perfect base for a tasty and hearty casserole. But if you add a delicate cream sauce - you get a real gratin. This dish is full of cheese, herbs and spices.
The idea for the potato gratin is posted on the Instagram page of food blogger Tati Chudnova(chudnova.food). One layer of onions is especially delicious - the dish turns out very juicy.
- potatoes - 500 g
- onions - 1 pc
- chicken fillet - 200 grams
- 180 gr mozzarella cheese
For béchamel sauce:
- oil - 30 g
- flour - 30 g
- milk - 300 ml
- salt - to taste
- nutmeg - 1/2 tsp.
- provan herbs - 1/2 tsp.
- black pepper - to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Slice the potatoes into thin slices. Boil it in boiling water for 5 minutes.
2. Cut the onion in half rings and dice the chicken fillet.
3. Drain the water from the potatoes.
4. For the sauce, melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the flour and stir until smooth.
5. Next, heat 200 ml of milk and add it little by little to the butter and flour, stirring so that there are no lumps. (At this point, you can turn off the fire, so that the mass does not burn).
6. Add spices to 100 ml of cold milk and mix.
7. Pour the milk with the spices into the main mixture and stir over low heat until thickened.
8. Place a spoonful of sauce, potatoes, sauce again, onions, chicken fillets and cover with the rest of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
9. Place in the oven at 180° for 20 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: