Zucchini ketchup: how to prepare an all-purpose budget sauce for winter
Zucchini ketchup is an original preservation and an alternative to tomato ketchup. It is prepared very simply and its peculiarity is the use of spicy and fragrant spices. The sauce can be supplemented with tomato paste for a bright flavor.
- zucchini - 1.5 kg
- onion - 0.5 kg
- salt - 2 tbsp.
- vinegar - 200 ml
- sugar - 400 g
- smoked paprika - 1 tbsp.
- hmeli-suneli - 1 tbsp.
- black pepper - 1 tbsp.
- garlic - 1 head
- tomato paste - 0,5 liters
Method of preparation:
1. Cut zucchini and onion into cubes. Mix everything, add 2 tbsp. of salt. Leave for 3 hours.
2. Put the vegetables on the stove and stew for 30 minutes.
3. Add vinegar, sugar, paprika, hmeli-suneli, pepper and tomato paste. Squeeze garlic through a press. Mix everything and stew for another 10 minutes.
4. Remove the mixture from the stove and beat with an immersion blender.
5. Put the resulting mass into sterile jars. Cover with lids. Done!
Earlier OBOZREVATEL reported how to prepare zucchini for the winter so that they taste like mushrooms.