Khachapuri with strawberries and cheese: how to cook an original seasonal dessert
We are all used to salted khachapuri with cheese and egg. But such a pastry can also be made sweet. Sweet and juicy strawberries, the season for which has already begun, are perfect for this.
Ingredients for sourdough:
- 90 ml warm milk
- 3 g of dry yeast or 9 g of live yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 150 grams of sifted flour
- 1 tbsp oil
Ingredients for the filling:
- 200 grams of sour milk cottage cheese
- 50 g cream cheese
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg white
Method for making the sourdough:
1. Combine warm milk, yeast, sugar and salt.
2. Cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
Method of making the dough:
1. Add the sifted flour to the starter and knead a soft, elastic dough.
2. Add the butter and knead well again.
3. Grease a deep container with vegetable oil, put our dough in it and grease it with vegetable oil on top too.
4. Cover with a towel and put in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
How to prepare the stuffing:
1. Combine fermented cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar and egg white (optional).
2. After that, sprinkle the dough with flour, knead it, divide it into two parts and roll each part into a circle.
3. Shape the pans and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment.
4. Put cottage cheese filling in the center and fresh strawberries on top. Grease the edges with egg yolk mixed with milk and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Serve with fresh strawberries, creamy ice cream, powdered sugar and mint.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: