How to store dill to keep the greens fresh for 2 weeks
If you know some rules and secrets, fresh dill can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two or even more weeks. At the same time, the herb will not lose its flavor, appearance and health benefits.
What you need:
- plastic container
- odorless baby wet wipes - 2 pcs
1. Put one wet wipe on the bottom of the container.
2. Wrap the dill roots in the second napkin that remains. Thus, put the bunch of greens in the container.
3. Close the container with a lid and refrigerate. It's ready!
If you suddenly notice that dill has started to deteriorate, don't rush to throw it away. The herbs can be preserved and stored for the winter. At the same time, you don't have to sterilize anything.
- dill - 400 g
- salt - 100 g
Method of preparation:
1. First, you need to prepare the greens for cooking, namely, rinse them several times in cold water until they become transparent. Next, separate the soft branches from the hard stems as only the tender parts will be needed for pickling. Finally, put the dill on paper towels and dry it well.
2. When the herbs are prepared, you can move on to the next step, which is chopping. You need to chop the dill in the way you will add it to your dishes later: it all depends on your preferences.
3. After that, mix the chopped dill with salt. It is best to do this in a deep bowl and at the same time knead the herbs with your hands to make them juice. Leave them for 30 minutes.
4. When the time is up, put the dill in sterilized jars tightly so that there are no gaps and no air gets in.
5. Close the jars with lids. Store in the refrigerator.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL reported how to freeze dill properly to make it healthy.