How to make ketchup from zucchini: an alternative to tomato ketchup
Ketchup from zucchini is an original preservation and an alternative to tomato ketchup. It is prepared very simply and its peculiarity is the use of spicy and aromatic spices. In its finished form, zucchini ketchup can be eaten immediately and served with meat and fish or stored for the winter.
- zucchini - 1.5 kg
- onion - 0.5 kg
- salt - 2 tbsp.
- vinegar - 200 ml
- sugar - 400 g
- chili pepper - 1 tbsp.
- smoked paprika - 1 tbsp.
- hops-sunneli - 1 tbsp.
- cloves - 2 pcs
- tomato paste - 0,5 l
- garlic - 1 head
Method of preparation:
1. First you need to cut zucchini and onion into cubes. Mix the vegetables with each other, adding 2 tbsp. of salt. Leave for 1 hour.
2. When the allotted time passes, you need to put the vegetables on the stove and stew for 30 minutes.
3. After that, add the remaining ingredients: vinegar, sugar, paprika, khmeli suneli, cloves and tomato paste. Press garlic as well. Mix everything and stew for another 10 minutes.
4. After that, remove the mixture from the stove and whisk with an immersion blender.
5. Put the mass into sterile jars. Cover with lids. Done!
Earlier OBOZREVATEL reported how to prepare zucchini for the winter to be like mushrooms.