Air Regiment Command Under Attack: Details of Drone Attack on Khalino Airfield Emerge
On September 24, Russian servicemen were injured near Kursk during a drone attack on the Russian airfield "Khalino". Among them was the commander of the 14th Zhdanov Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (based at this military facility).
The details of the incident were disclosed to OBOZREVATEL by sources in the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. According to their statement, in addition to the regiment commander, the following were injured:
- one of his deputies;
- a group of aviation officers;
- a representative of the FSB military counterintelligence;
- employees of the airfield.
The exact number of wounded occupants is being investigated. Probably, there are some dead among the enemy personnel.
Preliminarily, the drone was shot down by Russian troops using electronic warfare. The Russian invaders thought that the UAV was "safe," but it exploded on the runway.
"The leadership of the air regiment and FSB officers arrived to inspect and photograph it. When the 'respectable' delegation tried to inspect the 'trophy' UAV, a munition detonated," the source said.
According to the source, "the dead and wounded were taken away from the airfield for a long time."
"Khalino" is named after the nearby village of the same name. This Russian airfield is located east of Kursk, 7 km from the city center.
According to open sources, Su-30SM aircraft of the aggressor country Russia are based at Khalino.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported:
- Kursk celebrated its city day on September 24. During the day, explosions were heard several times in the area of this Russian city.
- In the morning, Kursk reported a drone attack on an administrative building in the center. Sources in the Defense Intelligence said that the FSB building was hit. In the evening, there was another "pop" and Russian propagandists complained about an effective attack on the airfield.