10 common mistakes women make when choosing winter shoes
Marie Claire lists the 10 most common mistakes when buying shoes. Very few buyers pay attention to such nuances as the sole, moisture protection, material, insulation, color, and other features.
1. Trying on. This process should be thorough. It is important to walk around the store in potentially new boots, and it is better not in the morning, when your feet are not yet tired and swollen, but in the evening or at least at lunchtime, so that your limbs come into their "working" mode.
2. Shoes are close. You should never buy winter boots or shoes that fit too tightly, thinking that they will eventually get trampled and become looser. There should be a layer of air inside. This will help keep you warm.
3. The sole. Of course, when buying new shoes, everyone focuses on their appearance and beauty. However, first of all, you should pay attention to the running part - the sole. You should not choose winter shoes with slippery leather soles. It should have a deep tread.
4. Heel. High and thin heels are very unstable, especially in winter. It is better to buy boots and shoes with a solid heel. At most, you can choose a medium thick, stable heel.
5. Protection from moisture. Only natural materials and high-quality firmware can provide this.
6. Material. It is important to pay attention to the thickness of the material. If it's genuine leather, the material will be rough and thick, i.e. warmer than more refined samples. Although high-quality artificial analogs of natural material are also capable of providing good thermal insulation and air exchange inside the boot.
7. Insulation. Winter shoes are primarily designed to protect you from the cold. Therefore, the best insulation is naturally natural fur, namely sheepskin. There is an air gap between the hairs that ensures heat circulation. In addition, this insulation is wear-resistant. Removable insoles will also be useful.
8. Light shoes. High and light boots and shoes are not for everyone. They should definitely not be chosen by women with curves. The height of the shoe visually fills and shortens the legs. And the light color on the heels seems too festive.
9. The wrong combination. Trendy massive boots and lace-up boots indicate the taste of the fair sex. However, they should not be combined with delicate dresses.
10. Decor. Any decorative details quickly lose their appearance and make the shoes look untidy. Therefore, it is better to choose a restrained and laconic design.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL listed six ways to properly care for your shoes in winter. This way, it will last longer and keep them in perfect condition.